Hi Friends! It has been 16 weeks now that I have been using the Smart Cat Box. Now I typically don’t like to discuss my litter pan issues but I think this is important information to share with you.
You might remember that we had a discussion about To Clump or Not to Clump? In this discussion we talked about the issues with clay litter. My parents were purchasing a popular brand of natural clumping litter for me to use. It was not a clay litter but made from natural biodegradable corn fibers.
Some of you might already know that I suffered from pancreatitis and transient diabetes. During this time, it was necessary to test my glucose levels on a regular basis. Unfortunately, this meant getting an ear or paw stick with a super sharp pointy needle. My parents said it hurt them more than me, but I don’t know about that. I never got to sneak up on them and poke them in the ear with a needle to see if it hurt me more than them. Sorry for the digression.
One happy day in May, our friend Jone told me about the Smart Cat Box. I got in contact with Sara Maguire, the creator of this unique box. Sara was so concerned about my sticky situation that she offered to send me a Smart Cat Box to try. Sara, is a genius because she designed the Smart Cat Box with a urine collection system (your pee goes into a container). Now my parents can use a Keto Diastix Strip to test my glucose and ketone levels. Pain free for me and for them, I guess.
Here is what I want to you know about the Smart Cat Box
- User Friendly - I took to this box right away. I used my old litter pan less and less and started to favor the Smart Cat Box. ( I have two littler pans.)
- Eco Friendly- Because your parents can flush your pee, there are no more of those stinky pucks of pee lurking in your box to be scooped out and disposed of in a plastic bag. Oh your poo too.* unless you live close to the ocean. If you do place the poo in a paper bag in the garbage. Our poo is not good for sea otters!
- Less Work- My parents are telling me that this is the lowest maintenance litter pan they have ever used.
- Less Tracking- yes and no more icky sticky paws!
- Less Odor – my parents are amazed. And my poo is pretty smelly.
- No Dust- None!!!!
And what is perhaps one of the best things about the Smart Cat Box is that you will save money!!
- Less Expense – Here is our cost savings so far.*based on my habitat
Before the Smart Cat Box, my parents were using 1.5 bags of natural clumping litter per week.
Each bag costs approximately $11.12 (litter plus tax) $11.12 x 1.5 x 16 weeks =$266.88
We have used 15 lbs of the Seedtec Safflower Seeds. $11.22 for 5 lbs. (Seeds plus shipping)= $33.66
$266.88-$33.66= $233.22 SAVED
Now even if we deduct the cost of the Smart Cat Box:
$266.88-$33.66= $233.22- $65.00 (cost plus shipping) =$168.22 SAVED
Over a year our habitat will save
1.5 bags natural clumping litter per week $11.12 x 1.5 x 52 weeks =$867.36
Averaging 1 lb of Seedtec seeds per week $2.24 x 52 weeks = $116.69
$867.36 – $116.69 = $750.67 SAVED
Even if you are super stinky and for some reason would use twice as much Seedtec seeds, you will still save over $600.00!
This savings more than pays for your Smart Cat Boxes.
To learn more about the Smart Cat Box please click here!
You can also learn about the Smart Cat Box from my interview with Sara, the creator of the Smart Cat Box by clicking here.
If you decide to purchase your own Smart Cat Box, you can use the code CCC15.
Sara is offering a 15% Discount to Friends of The Tiniest Tiger’s Conservation Cub Club! Super Hurrah!
Do you have any questions for me about the Smart Cat Box?