Which Frog Has the Luck of the Irish?
It has been a long, cold and snowy winter here in Ohio. Last night though if we listened super close we could hear the sweet sound of the Spring peepers. If you live in the central and eastern parts of Canada and the United States, you know that this frog chorus means spring is just around the corner. These tiny little amphibians are rarely seen. They hang out in wooded areas and grassy lowlands near swamps or ponds. They have excellent camouflage as they are tan or brown in color with dark lines that form an X on their backs. They are nocturnal, hiding from their predators during the day but come out at night to dine on beetles, ants, flies and spiders.In the middle of March, the nighttime chorus swells from the male Spring Peepers looking for a mate and for the rest of us it means that winter is over.
Which Frog is the $50 Frog?
So now that Spring is ready to pounce on us, Lazy Leopard and I thought we would have some fun with our Can You Find the $50 Frog contest. One of these super cute little frogs is hiding a bit of green for one lucky member of The Tiniest Tiger community.
Here is all you have to do
Tell me in a comment below this post which Frog you think has the $50 and why. Be clever, because you never know when good fortune might rain on you.
Contest closes on Sunday March 24 at 5 pm Eastern!
Please one comment per person. I will enter all names in to Randomizer.com. The winner will be notified by email or through facebook depending on the contact information you provide. Make sure you are watching for an email from me. The subject line will say $50 Frog Giveaway . Void where prohibited by law.
Disclosure: The Tiniest Tiger is sponsoring this review and giveaway. No compensation was awarded for this post.
- Heartbroken and Healing
- The Most Endangered River in America
- The Overview Effect How the View from Space Might Save Our World
- Lions to Live Better Lives Thanks to Genetic Testing
- Win $25 Gift Card to Target from Project Pet Slim Down
- Internet Cat Video Festival 2013 Call For Entries Ends May 1
- Making Peace with Lions Richard Turere is a Wildlife Hero.
- Remembering Mr. Collins. Dear Friend and Animal Lover
- True Nature of Cats by Purina One
- Night Falls on The Tiniest Tiger’s Sun Room