Is your cat going outside the litter box?
Forest Scented World Best Cat Litter Giveaway!
Congratulations to Laura, Kathy, Raine, Elena and Verna! Thank you to everyone that participated. We will have another great giveaway soon. xoxox Gracey
The new Forest Scented Worlds Best Cat Litter allows me to bring out my inner tiger and pretend I am in the forest. Because all cats can be little stinkers from time to time, cat parents are sure to appreciate the fast clumping action of this litter and the super fast absorbent quality too that stops the odor before it gets a chance to spread throughout the house.
World’s Best Cat Litter Introduces New Scented Formula!
Forest Scented Clumping Formula is the newest addition to the World’s Best Cat Litter lineup. Made with 100% natural wood fibers, this clumping litter is perfect for cat parents who prefer a fresh forest scent. This natural scented clumping litter is made with a blend of wood fibers and paired with the absorbency of whole kernel corn. You can safely eliminate the not so pleasant pet odors and simplify cleanup with the quick-clumping litter with a forest fresh scent and no synthetic chemicals or perfumes. This new formula is planet-friendly because the kiln-dried wood fibers are made of re-purposed tree shavings that might have otherwise gone to waste.
When the folks at World’s Best Cat Litter asked me to help introduce the Forest scent I was more than happy to do so. I love the smell of pine. And I am not alone in this. This scent was tested in more than 1,500 homes where cat parents found the Forest Scented Clumping Formula met their high expectation of World’s Best Cat Litter and at the same time outperformed competing litters.
The Forest Scent Brings out my Inner Tiger
World’s Best Cat Litter New Scented Formula Coming Soon!
As a member of the World’s Best Cat Litter Catcovate Council, I know a secret. I am trying my best not to tease you but I just can’t seem to help myself. After months of research and testing, the newest scented litter is almost ready to make its debut on the market and we have been chosen to test it and review this new scent with you here on our The Tiniest Tiger’s Conservation Cub Club!
Can We Talk about the Litter box?
It is super important to meet your cat’s needs when it comes to the litter box. In many ways it is similar to what you expect from your own bathroom experience. Let me first emphasize that if there are changes in your cat’s bowel movements or urination, especially in frequency, or quantity please consult a veterinarian. If your cat begins to go outside the litter box when there have been no changes made to the box, this is also a time to visit your veterinarian and discuss the change in behavior. After your cat is given a clean bill of health, it is time to think about the box.
10 Reasons Your Cat Might Be Going Outside the Box
- Your cat needs a check up with your veterinarian. After illness is ruled out, check out the other 10 possible causes.
- The box smells terrible! Do you know how you feel when you go to a public restroom and it is all pee-yew in there? Get a new box when the old one gets too smelly.
- The box smells like a chemical factory! You will get an A for effort if you scrub out the litter box to make sure it is clean and tidy, but if you use harsh smelly chemicals your cat won’t want to visit the box. Remember, we cats have sensitive noses and if it smells like a chemical waste dump, we won’t be depositing there. Soap and water will work just fine. Avoid the ammonia and citrus smelling cleaners.
- The box is too small! I like to be able to move my tail freely around in my boxes. If it is too small I get claustrophobic. Make sure your litter box is plenty big enough for your cat to move around in and bury their business.
- One Box per Cat Plus One! If you have one cat, you might try to have two boxes. If you have two cats, three boxes. I am one cat and I have two boxes at all times and sometimes a third box when I am testing out a litter or box.
- Box is in a bad location! Remember, just like you, we would like a little privacy. But also remember we need to be able to make a fast getaway too.
- You are not a frequent scooper! Do you like to relieve yourself on top of your last elimination? Do you get my drift? Scoop on schedule. Scoop often. Scoop every time you pass by the box. The more the better.
- You changed the litter! We cats are creatures of habit. We understand, well not really, but we tolerate when certain changes must be made. Please test out a new litter first. Place a new box with the new litter out along side the older established box. Let us decide if the new litter is acceptable.
- Too much litter in the box! That sinking feeling is not one that we cats like. You might think the more the better but sometimes less is better. Most cats prefer litter less than 2 inches deep. However, see number 10.
- Not enough litter in the box! We like to bury our poo to hide our scent from predators. It is a part of our self-protecting instinct from our wild ancestors. Make sure there is enough litter for us to cover up our poo if we so choose.*
*Cats Have a History of Burying Their Waste.
In the wild, the big cats, (Panthera genus), such as lions, tigers , leopards and jaguars often do not bury their excrement as a way of signaling they are claiming a certain territory. Smaller, weaker or more submissive wild cats bury their feces as a way of making sure the bigger cats do not feel challenged. Wild cats will also hide their waste to avoid attracting unwanted attention from predators to themselves especially when they have young cubs or kittens .
Cat poo may all smell the same to you, but cats can tell their waste apart due to scent markers called pheromones present in the urine and feces. Your cat may or may not feel the need to bury their poo within the home. But remember, cats like to keep their options open, so providing clean litter boxes with the right amount of litter, in the right location will lead to a better box experience for everyone.
According to our The Tiniest Tiger Curious Cat Survey, over 80% of our community wanted to learn more about litter options for the cats that share their habitat. So when I heard about the new Cat’s Pride® Fresh & Light™ premium clumping litter, I thought you would be super interested.
The Cat’s Pride® Fresh & Light™ is a new, revolutionary premium clumping litter that was designed to be:
Up to 25% lighter!
Hi Friends! It has been 16 weeks now that I have been using the Smart Cat Box. Now I typically don’t like to discuss my litter pan issues but I think this is important information to share with you.
You might remember that we had a discussion about To Clump or Not to Clump? In this discussion we talked about the issues with clay litter. My parents were purchasing a popular brand of natural clumping litter for me to use. It was not a clay litter but made from natural biodegradable corn fibers.
Some of you might already know that I suffered from pancreatitis and transient diabetes. During this time, it was necessary to test my glucose levels on a regular basis. Unfortunately, this meant getting an ear or paw stick with a super sharp pointy needle. My parents said it hurt them more than me, but I don’t know about that. I never got to sneak up on them and poke them in the ear with a needle to see if it hurt me more than them. Sorry for the digression.
One happy day in May, our friend Jone told me about the Smart Cat Box. I got in contact with Sara Maguire, the creator of this unique box. Sara was so concerned about my sticky situation that she offered to send me a Smart Cat Box to try. Sara, is a genius because she designed the Smart Cat Box with a urine collection system (your pee goes into a container). Now my parents can use a Keto Diastix Strip to test my glucose and ketone levels. Pain free for me and for them, I guess.
Here is what I want to you know about the Smart Cat Box
- User Friendly - I took to this box right away. I used my old litter pan less and less and started to favor the Smart Cat Box. ( I have two littler pans.)
- Eco Friendly- Because your parents can flush your pee, there are no more of those stinky pucks of pee lurking in your box to be scooped out and disposed of in a plastic bag. Oh your poo too.* unless you live close to the ocean. If you do place the poo in a paper bag in the garbage. Our poo is not good for sea otters!
- Less Work- My parents are telling me that this is the lowest maintenance litter pan they have ever used.
- Less Tracking- yes and no more icky sticky paws!
- Less Odor – my parents are amazed. And my poo is pretty smelly.
- No Dust- None!!!!
And what is perhaps one of the best things about the Smart Cat Box is that you will save money!!
- Less Expense – Here is our cost savings so far.*based on my habitat
Before the Smart Cat Box, my parents were using 1.5 bags of natural clumping litter per week.
Each bag costs approximately $11.12 (litter plus tax) $11.12 x 1.5 x 16 weeks =$266.88
We have used 15 lbs of the Seedtec Safflower Seeds. $11.22 for 5 lbs. (Seeds plus shipping)= $33.66
$266.88-$33.66= $233.22 SAVED
Now even if we deduct the cost of the Smart Cat Box:
$266.88-$33.66= $233.22- $65.00 (cost plus shipping) =$168.22 SAVED
Over a year our habitat will save
1.5 bags natural clumping litter per week $11.12 x 1.5 x 52 weeks =$867.36
Averaging 1 lb of Seedtec seeds per week $2.24 x 52 weeks = $116.69
$867.36 – $116.69 = $750.67 SAVED
Even if you are super stinky and for some reason would use twice as much Seedtec seeds, you will still save over $600.00!
This savings more than pays for your Smart Cat Boxes.
To learn more about the Smart Cat Box please click here!
You can also learn about the Smart Cat Box from my interview with Sara, the creator of the Smart Cat Box by clicking here.
If you decide to purchase your own Smart Cat Box, you can use the code CCC15.
Sara is offering a 15% Discount to Friends of The Tiniest Tiger’s Conservation Cub Club! Super Hurrah!
Do you have any questions for me about the Smart Cat Box?