Posts Tagged ‘Friday’
Ann Curry sparks 26 Acts of Kindness Movement
Ann Curry, NBC News correspondent asked herself, after the tragic massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, what
she could do. And she thought performing 26 acts of kindness, one act for each child and teacher who lost their life that day, would be a small gesture to honor the victims.
Ann then invited everyone to join her by sharing the idea on social media. Within a few days the hashtag “#26acts” was trending on Twitter and a “26 Acts of Kindness” Facebook page began to grow. People began to tweet Curry with photos and descriptions of their acts of kindness such as paying for parking meters, tolls and leaving larger than usual tips.
Curry wrote on the NBC News website that the movement is a way to “help heal us all.”
Daily Kibble’s 26 Acts of Kindness Contest
- Since You’ve Been Gone. Our Message to Gracey
- Heartbroken and Healing
- The Most Endangered River in America
- The Overview Effect How the View from Space Might Save Our World
- Lions to Live Better Lives Thanks to Genetic Testing
- Win $25 Gift Card to Target from Project Pet Slim Down
- Internet Cat Video Festival 2013 Call For Entries Ends May 1
- Making Peace with Lions Richard Turere is a Wildlife Hero.
- Remembering Mr. Collins. Dear Friend and Animal Lover
- True Nature of Cats by Purina One