We generated 10,200 Meals for our cousins in need!
When You Show Your Support by Joining the Iams Blogging 4 Bowls Blog Hop
Iams will Donate 100 Meals!
Iams Home 4 The Holidays Kicks Off Its’ 13th Annual Pet Adoption And Bags 4 Bowls Program
Iams Home 4 the Holidays, one of the world’s largest pet adoption programs, kicks off its annual adoption drive today in partnership with Helen Woodward Animal Center, with the goal of finding homes for 1.5 million orphaned pets. Now in its 13th year, the program, which runs from October 1, 2011 through January 3, 2012, has helped 5.8 million pets find loving homes all around the world.
Iams and Helen Woodward Animal Center are teaming up again this year with more than 3,500 animal organizations worldwide to encourage pet adoption. In addition, Iams will also donate 5 million meals to animals in need at adoption and rescue centers through its Bags 4 Bowls program.
While finding loving homes for orphaned pets is critical and the core of the program, the campaign is also designed to provide shelters and rescue centers with much needed food donations. With the help of consumers, the Iams Bags 4 Bowls program aims to donate 5 million meals to animals housed in participating organizations.
You can lend a hand by simply:
- Visiting the Iams Facebook page and clicking to “Like” the page or various messages, photos, videos, etc. For each “Like” comment, photo posted, etc., Iams will donate meals.
- Becoming a fan of the Iams Facebook page (www.facebook.com/iams) and creating a custom adoption announcement or holiday card to share the news of their new four legged family member or just send a season’s greeting to their family and friends. For each card created and shared, Iams will donate meals.
- Purchasing specially-marked packages of Iams dog or cat food during the duration of the campaign. For every specially-marked package sold, Iams will donate one bowl of food* to a participating Iams Home 4 The Holidays animal organization.
To kickoff the 2011 Iams Home 4 the Holidays we want to welcome you to the 2nd Annual Blogging for Bowls Blog Hop. For every blogger that joins the hop,
Iams will donate 100 Meals towards the 5 Million Meal Goal.
How To Join The Blog Hop
To show your support for the Iams Home 4 the Holidays Blogging for Bowls Blog Hop:
- Link up your blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below, where it says Click Here To Enter. You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Blogging 4 Bowls Blog Hop Linky Tools.
Additional ways to show your support of the Iams Home 4 the Holidays kickoff:
- Grab the code and write a post on your blog to show your added support for the Blogging for Bowls Blog Hop.
- Stop by the blog hop co-hosts Fidose of Reality, Pets News and Views, Pets Weekly, dogtipper.com, Preston Speaks and Pet Blogs United, to say hello.
- Visit other blogs that are supporting the Blogging 4 Bowls Blog Hop. Make new friends and/or reconnect with old friends.
- Since You’ve Been Gone. Our Message to Gracey
- Heartbroken and Healing
- The Most Endangered River in America
- The Overview Effect How the View from Space Might Save Our World
- Lions to Live Better Lives Thanks to Genetic Testing
- Win $25 Gift Card to Target from Project Pet Slim Down
- Internet Cat Video Festival 2013 Call For Entries Ends May 1
- Making Peace with Lions Richard Turere is a Wildlife Hero.
- Remembering Mr. Collins. Dear Friend and Animal Lover
- True Nature of Cats by Purina One