Posts Tagged ‘Blue Jay’
Bossy Backyard Blue Jay
Members of our community are familiar with my buddy Bossy Backyard Blue Jay, but if you just joined us, I will give you a little background information. Bossy Backyard Blue Jay lives in my backyard and he gets his name from, well, let’s just say his name suits him. He talks a lot and he thinks he is the ruler of the backyard. Sometimes he dive bombs my dad when I send him out to fill the bird feeders around our house. I shouldn’t laugh, but sometimes I can’t help myself. Bossy doesn’t bother my mom, in fact he sits on a branch and chats with her. My mom and I think it is my dad’s red hair that gets Bossy riled up. Maybe he thinks my dad is a cardinal or a red headed woodpecker, we just don’t know.
Winter can be super cold and snowy here in Ohio so we try to make sure the birds that share our outdoor habitat have some nice food, suet and a heated water source to keep their water from freezing. Earlier today, Bossy Backyard Blue Jay was squawking up a storm. I had just settled into my heated thinking circle for some Sunday afternoon meditation when he came knocking on the window.
Friends, Bossy Backyard Blue Jay came out with the sunshine to tell us his side of the missing peanut mystery. As you can see he is not one to back down from confrontation. Just look at how well he is standing his ground.
Click on the link below to hear what BBBJ has to say about the missing peanut story.
Well Friends, You heard it straight from the Bird’s Beak!
- Heartbroken and Healing
- The Most Endangered River in America
- The Overview Effect How the View from Space Might Save Our World
- Lions to Live Better Lives Thanks to Genetic Testing
- Win $25 Gift Card to Target from Project Pet Slim Down
- Internet Cat Video Festival 2013 Call For Entries Ends May 1
- Making Peace with Lions Richard Turere is a Wildlife Hero.
- Remembering Mr. Collins. Dear Friend and Animal Lover
- True Nature of Cats by Purina One
- Night Falls on The Tiniest Tiger’s Sun Room