Posts Tagged ‘good luck’
Black Cats Bring Good Luck
The Scottish believe that the random appearance of a black cat at your doorstep foreshadows prosperity. Since my mom is of Scottish descent, she and my dad must have known that when my brother Mercy was just a tiny little kitten fending for himself in the alley behind our old house, he was going to bring joy, love and happiness into our family.
Mercy, a black cat, was born into a feral cat colony that occupied the alley behind our house. He was a super tiny little kitten when he first popped up by the feeding rock. This was a rock hidden from the view of a mean neighbor that didn’t like that my parents were feeding the alley cats. My parents were smitten by him. My dad said that he would jump up on top of the rock and shake his back end from side to side to keep the other cats two to three times the size of him off the rock until he got his share of the food. My parents couldn’t stand the thought of little Mercy fending for himself in the alley, so they caught him, got him cleaned up and off to visit the doctors at the Morris Veterinary Clinic. Mercy was a healthy kitten and Dr. G even said that if we didn’t want to keep him, he would take him because he could already tell that he was super smart and was going to be a great cat with a sweet personality. And Dr. G was right!
- Since You’ve Been Gone. Our Message to Gracey
- Heartbroken and Healing
- The Most Endangered River in America
- The Overview Effect How the View from Space Might Save Our World
- Lions to Live Better Lives Thanks to Genetic Testing
- Win $25 Gift Card to Target from Project Pet Slim Down
- Internet Cat Video Festival 2013 Call For Entries Ends May 1
- Making Peace with Lions Richard Turere is a Wildlife Hero.
- Remembering Mr. Collins. Dear Friend and Animal Lover
- True Nature of Cats by Purina One