Posts Tagged ‘Japanese Bobtail’
Maneki-neko is Japanese for beckoning cat
Meneki-neko is a popular Japanese figurine of a cute cat with an upright paw believed to bring good luck to the owner. The figurine is usually made in the image of a calico Japanese Bobtail, beckoning with an upright paw and are on display in shops, retaurants, pachinko parlors, and many other businesses. Sometimes Maneki-neko figurines are electric or battery operated so that they will have a paw moving back and forth. Maneki-neko is kind of like a cougar in that it is known by many names.( cougar, puma, mountain lion). In English, Meneki-neko is called welcoming cat, lucky cat, money cat, happy cat and fortune cat.
This cute cat figurine comes is a variety of colors, styles and ornamentation but the most common colors are white, black, gold and sometimes red. It is thought that the white is for good luck, the black for good health and the gold for monetary good fortune.
Raised left paw attracts money
- Heartbroken and Healing
- The Most Endangered River in America
- The Overview Effect How the View from Space Might Save Our World
- Lions to Live Better Lives Thanks to Genetic Testing
- Win $25 Gift Card to Target from Project Pet Slim Down
- Internet Cat Video Festival 2013 Call For Entries Ends May 1
- Making Peace with Lions Richard Turere is a Wildlife Hero.
- Remembering Mr. Collins. Dear Friend and Animal Lover
- True Nature of Cats by Purina One
- Night Falls on The Tiniest Tiger’s Sun Room